Wednesday 7 January 2015

#OOTD Tartan Loving

Back to work after all the festive cheer and what better way burn off those Christmas calories than by doing a load of exercising... by walking around hundreds of shops :)

I wanted an outfit that was sophisticated and in-season that looked chic and expensive but I could afford it by using my mere pittance left over after all my Christmas shopping - so where better to head than Primark for an entire outfit!

I wanted to have tartan but needed to make sure the pattern and colour worked with my skin complexion, so I managed to find a dark blue tartan with very thin red and green tied in - the blue also goes with most of my wardrobe!

To pull out the blue and green in the trousers, I wore a chiffon long-sleeved collared blouse, done up to the top button and tucked it in for a smart-casual look.

I finished it off with a pair of powder blue frilly ankle socks, paired with black patent cut-out brogues and added a silver chain necklace to pick up my silver Michael Kors watch and midi-rings.

Ultimately, I love this look, and also mixed it with my dark blue and green tartan blanket scarf/cape so I was warm in the winter but also an apparent tartan worshipper.


                           Turquoise blouse - Primark, Silver chain necklace - eBay boutique



Tartan trousers - Primark, Silver Watch - Michael Kors, Midi rings - Primark


Powder blue frill socks - Primark, Black patent brogues - New Look

Tartan blanket scarf - Christmas gift (New Look)



Tartan trousers close up - Primark 

1 comment: