Monday 13 October 2014

A Month Later...

It has been a month since undergoing the Toni & Guy chop, and I have been attempting all different types of hairstyles to see which ones work, and which ones fail dismally.

I have since discovered, that although cute, my stubby ponytail must only be used if aggressively sprayed with dry shampoo and has a massive quiff, due to the fact it is a measly and pathetic sight.

My favourite though by far is big ringlets, which I created using label.m products that Toni & Guy kindly donated at London Fashion Week (shout out to Carolyn - thanks darl!)


So firstly I washed it with the Orange Blossom Shampoo and Conditioner (which smells incredible - it has a light scent of sweet orange but not so overpowering that it instigates a violent coughing fit every time you swish your hair)


Once combed through with a wide-toothed comb, I rubbed the ends with the label.m SoufflĂ© to give texture and used label.m Smoothing Cream for my roots (to avoid unwanted frizz and flyaway baby hair!)  

I left it to dry until it was only just damp and rubbed some Age-Defying Radiance Oil on the tips to prevent split ends and maximise shine then dried my hair.

I then separated my hair into sections (there were an awful lot as my hair is so thick) and heated my curling tongs to the highest heat. Using sections of hair approximately 3/4 inch thick, I wrapped the hair around the curling tongs, from end to tip, and (whilst failing miserably at attempting to not burn myself) held it there for 30 seconds.


Once I released the hair, ensuring to pull the tongs downwards from the ringlet, rather than unravelling, I used hairspray on each individual curl to maintain volume and body.


I kept repeating this method on each layer of my hair, starting with the bottom layer, closest to my neck, and finished on top, ensuring to position my parting before curling (otherwise my hair did not sit properly and I had crazy Medusa-like curls)



Once each section had been curled, I sprayed more hairspray over the whole of my head and flipped my head over and ruffled the curls to help them drop (to avoid looking like a Victorian doll) and to give it the curls a bit of a relaxed, almost messy appearance, as I love natural-looking, big, voluptuous curls as opposed to rigid, uniform curls.


I absolutely love this look, as it balances my vivid personality with a slightly more mature look - seeing as everyone has commented on how much older my short hair makes me look, I still want people to remember I am in my twenties!


No comments:

Post a Comment